Thanks for your interest in Success Academy! Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village - families, children, teachers, staff and faculty, advocates and supporters alike. We would love to welcome you to our community! We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 47 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.Job DescriptionLove science and math? We are hiring middle school teachers!
We are looking for people with a passion for STEM to teach our robust middle school curriculum - no teaching degree required. Our middle school curriculum is designed to ignite scholars' curiosity and love of learning while cultivating an analytical and investigative mindset. You'll be set up with the curriculum, training, technology, supplies, and other tools necessary. You'll be able to focus on growing your students, growing yourself, and growing your network. We are a driven, fun group of top-performers and we would love to work with you!
In this role, you will:
- Foster passion and content mastery in kids
- Teach core knowledge, critical thinking, independence, and self-advocacy skills to prepare students for success
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with students, their families, and your peers and mentors
- Inspire curiosity and love of learning to empower children emotionally and intellectually
- Learn to assess and analyze data to chart your student's growth and achievement, and tailor your own teaching methods accordingly
- Tackle challenges in and out of the classroom, using problem-solving as a springboard for personal growth
- Receive training and gain valuable and transferable skills
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- A bachelor's degree graduate by your first day of work with Success Academy including collegiate-level coursework in a relevant subject (i.e., math, biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, history or English).
- A recent graduate or have 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
- A lifelong learner with an outstanding academic record.
- Goal-oriented - you set a high bar for yourself and others, and love doing the work to clear it.
- Confident and present - you take the lead and inspire others with your passion and commitment.
- A team player- If you've played a team sport, you'll fit right in. Collaboration is at the center of everything we do.
- An experienced leader - Have you held a leadership position in a club? Managed people? Worked with a group of kids? We'd love to hear from you.
- Detail-oriented - Even with multiple responsibilities and balancing priorities
Already an employee of Success Academies? Please go to your Okta Dashboard> Workday> Applications> Career to apply via our Internal Careers page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at
Success Academy Charter Schools does not offer employment-based immigration sponsorship.