Job Description SUMMARY
Performs high quality Ultrasound imaging. Assists in the daily routines of the ultrasound department. Assists the RN and physician in the performance of interventional procedures. Responsible for the coordination and ongoing evaluation of the daily schedule in fitting in add on exams. Comply with the professional and ethical standards of the American Association of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. STATUS:
Per Diem LOCATION:
Canton Potsdam Hospital DEPARTMENT:
Imaging Services SCHEDULE:
- If call rotation is taken, you must be able to respond within 30 minutes
- Must be a graduate of an accredited US program and be registered with ARDMS or Registry eligible. Must have current BLS.
- REQUIRED: Minimally 1 year of US experience in a variety of US exams (OB, Venous, Arterial, Abdomen, Breast, Interventional procedures). This can include clinical experience obtained during US training.
- PREFERRED: 2-3 years of experience in a variety of US exam
- Must be fluent in scanning all aspects of Ultrasound: (ie: OB/GYN/Breast/Venous/Arterial/Abdomen/Pelvis/Soft tissue/TV/Interventional procedures, etc)
- Must be able to work holidays per hospital schedule, must be able to take call and respond within 30 minutes
- Must be willing to travel to all SLHS campus to provide US coverage as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, work independently and lift 1/- 50lbs
- Looking for candidate that embraces customer service and who can work with all facets of Healthcare providers.
- Provide direct patient care in performing Ultrasound examinations.
- Maintains departmental equipment by following OEM guidelines, reporting equipment failure or concerns to departmental Manager and Biomed
- Follows P & P for infection control, universal precautions and isolation procedures when required. Reports any issues to departmental Manager.
- Universal criteria: Participates in departmental performance improvement. Completes all required annual training and competencies.
- Demonstrates responsibility for personal professional development by participating in CE requirements.
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.