Bennett and Game are currently working with an award winning logistics' company actively seeking a skilled and proven Warehouse General Manager / Warehouse Operations Manager to join their Leicestershire location.
Our client have multiple sites across the UK and are a leading and innovative logistics, supply-chain and warehousing company, actively seeking a proven senior leader to assist in the overall growth, development and continuous improvement of their warehouse operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a real hands on leader with the proven ability to develop and improve overall and multi-site operations. The ideal candidate for this role will possess excellent leadership qualities, and have an established background in managing and implementing real developmental and improving processes in a 24/7 supply-chain operation.
Warehouse Operations Manager Position Overview
- Overall accountability for the smooth day to day running of the 400,000 sq ft warehouse function
- Managing circa 3000 pallet movements in and out of the business every day, 7 days per week
- Looking after 60,000+ pallets of our valued client's stock
- Supervise 6 Warehouse Managers across both day and night shifts & mentor them to lead their subsequent teams
- Review current process, improve & add new processes as required
- Liaise with facilities manager, Process & H/S manager to ensure compliance and safety is always at the forefront of what we do
- Manage Departmental Budgets & improve profitability
- Ensure all current activities are reviewed and all work completed is of a satisfactory standard and the client is charged correctly
- Liaise internally with the transport and customer service function to ensure the business is aware of any potential failures, delays or issues that may impact the operation or customer base
- Managing & motivating of an overall team of 200 staff via managers, supervisors and deputies
- Overall accountability for agency staff and the temp to perm process
Warehouse Operations Manager Position Requirements
- Be a real hands on leader with proven ability to motivate, inspire and develop and improve warehouse teams and operations
- Proven ability and experience of communicating at corporate level
- Experience in pallet, same-day and next-day logistics & warehouse operations
- Previous experience in improving warehouse KPI's (continuous improvement management, efficiency rates increased etc).
- Ability to implement & manage WMS systems
- Experience in managing overall H&S (including risk assessments)
- Experience in managing budget & cost saving implementation
- IOSH or NEBOSH - Highly Desirable
- Forklift licences - Highly Desirable
Warehouse Operations Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary £50 - 60k basic
- Car allowance on top of salary (highly competitive)
- Monday - Friday (office hour position) - but flexibility is required
- Excellent and clear progression to Directorship within the role
- Working for a true leader in logistics with excellent and proven staff retention
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.